Monday, September 23, 2019
- The U-M Wolverines are best known for their football team, and for good reason. With 929 wins and 11 national championships, the Wolverines have the highest winning percentage of any college football team in history.
- U-M has both men’s and women’s basketball teams. The men’s team has appeared in the NCAA Playoffs Final Four as many as 8 times.
- Some of your favorite major league baseball players may have started with the Wolverines. As many as 138 players have gone on to the major leagues. Just this year, the baseball team made it to the College World Series.
- If you’re visiting in the summer, men’s and women’s soccer is another popular Wolverines sport, both for spectators and potential future athletes.
- Ice Hockey. The ice hockey team is a member of the Big Ten conference, and they’ve won nine NCAA championships.
- Women’s rowing is a more recent varsity sport in U-M’s athletic program. It started as a club sport in 1991 and became a varsity sport in 1996.
- Michigan Stadium (football) – the second-largest football stadium in the world.
- Yost Ice Arena
- U-M Soccer Stadium
- U-M Lacrosse Stadium
- U-M Golf Course
- Ray Fisher Stadium (baseball)
- Alumni Stadium (softball)
- Cliff Keen Arena (men’s gymnastics, volleyball, and wrestling)
- Crisler Center (basketball and women’s gymnastics)
- Phyllis Ocker Field (field hockey)
- Canham Natatorium (swimming and diving, water polo)
- Varsity Tennis Center
- Rynearson Stadium
- Convocation Center
- Oestrike Stadium
- Jones Natatorium
- Scicluna Field
- Joe’s Sports Dome
- Wasik Tennis Center
- Eaglecrest Golf Club
Where to Stay
Sunday, September 22, 2019
Argus Camera Company
Path to the Academy Awards
Monday, August 26, 2019
Looking for a place to stay in Ann Arbor? There are several options to choose from, but this isn’t a decision you want to take lightly. You have to consider your budget as well as your convenience and comfort. The ideal lodging for your Ann Arbor trip will depend on what you’re looking for, but there are a few standards you should hold to no matter what. Here are a few of our suggestions for criteria to narrow down your search options:
Location (Location, Location)
Location is one of the most important aspects of planning any vacation. Vacations are either for exploring the city or visiting for a specific purpose. Whatever the case may be, your accommodations should be close by your reason for the trip. Convenience is key, after all. University Inn of Ann Arbor is located close to the University of Michigan campus, making us a popular spot for students or families visiting a college campus. We’re also located close to hospitals in case of an emergency. Taking public transportation? We’re also located along main bus routes. Read more here...